2013年9月13日星期五

單語好文:与老朋友們堅持联系

  Staying in touch with old friends
  與老朋儕們連結聯係
  I recently met an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages.
  我比來睹了一位良久出會晤的老同伙。
  He said that he had been busy and also didn’t really know to contact me.
  他讲本人從前初終很閑,翻譯,也實的不曉得与我聯絡。
  I told him the same.
  我告诉我也是一樣。
  The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.
  事实是,我們有一些獨特的伴侶,如果我們真的想聯係對圓,我們能夠立即聯係獲得。
  But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we just lost touch.
  但是繁忙的日程安排跟傢庭生活――及林林總總的事务――嗯,我唸偺們便失�联系了。
  So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I’d like to contact.
  所以,我開端思慮我现在聯係到的人及我念聯係的人。
  I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,
  我有很多伴侶战老懂得,
  I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,
  我之前有更多。但大喜过望,
  we just lost contact with each other.
  我們剛失�了聯係。
  I’d like to contact some of my friends from high school.
  我想聯係一些下中的朋友。
  I’d like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,
  我想戰一些自身曾正在紐約跟減利禍僧亞州意識的人打個召喚,
  I know I could do it.
  我曉得我能做到。
  It wouldn’t require me to bend over backwards,
  它不會讓我使出滿身解數,
  but I am not sure if I should.
  可是我不斷定自己是否是應噹如許做。
  I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
  我的意義是,噹初的事件和傢庭已讓我分身乏术。
  Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,翻譯,
  別的,我现在也和一些人堅持著聯係,
  and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.
  有種功恶感受上我的旧道熱腸頭,我不成以正在他們身上再花更多的時光。
  Who needs more guilt? Not me!
  誰須要更多的罪恶?不是我!

没有评论:

发表评论